Having trouble with a recall or a product?

If you are having trouble or concerns with a product or a recall you should contact the retailer first. The supplier is responsible for the safety of the product and putting it right. Contacting the supplier helps them become aware of issues and gives them a chance to sort it out for you.

On this page

I don't like the recall fix offered

If you don't like the remedy on offer - talk to the supplier about what you want. If the supplier won't agree then you can look at your rights under the Consumer Guarantees Act (CGA). The Consumer Protection site has information on your CGA rights around recalled products and how to enforce them.

Your CGA rights may enable you to get a solution that is more appropriate or acceptable for you.

For more information on your CGA rights and how you can enforce them, visit the Consumer Protection website.         

I have a faulty product and the supplier won't sort it out

Consumer Protection provides information on your rights and what to do if a product is faulty, poor quality, or doesn't meet your expectations.

I've been injured by a product, had a near-miss or have safety concerns

If you have been injured by a product, had a near miss, or concerns about the safety of a product, it's good to let the retailer know.

It’s also good to let the government know becasue incident and safety reports from the public  help government agencies identify, assess and respond to issues. If you want to notify your incident or concerns to government of your issue go to the see who to notify page. 

I'm having trouble with a recall

If you are having trouble with a recall, talk to the supplier. If you want to register your concerns with government about a recall, for example, if the supplier if blocking you from getting the fix or is failing to respond, go to the see who to notify page.


Subscribe to Product Recalls